Hormonal break outs are the worst! So with Priceline having a big sale on skin care I decided to test out the Thursday Plantation toner and blemish stick to find a skin friendly fix. Keep reading to see a full review!
So to give you a full run down on the products I used alongside these I have the phisohex cleanser which is used 1-2 times a day and the Sukin Anti-Pollution mask which I use 2-3 times a week. I class myself as combination skin with a dry forehead and oily t-zone so please ensure when choosing products you use something suited to your skin type to prevent doing any further damage!
About The Toner:
- Contains naturally derived ingredients
- Alcohol-free to maintain the skin pH balance
- Benzoyl peroxide free
- Made with soothing Aloe Vera and calming Lavender
- Suitable for all skin types, including sensitive skin
- Free from petrochemicals, mineral oils, synthetic parabens, propylene glycol, laurly sulphates, polysorbates, synthetic fragrances, synthetic colours and animal derived ingredients
There was only one thing I was able to fault about the toner and that was that it is not in a spray bottle, I just find they are much more hydrating/refreshing and quick to apply with a spray bottle. In saying that though it is probably better to use it the way it was intended as I find it still removes some dirt that my cleanser was unable to. I have been using this product for two weeks now and seeing massive changes already! My phisohex tends to dry out my skin a lot so this is perfect for putting just a tiny bit of moisture back into it but nothing too OTT as my skin already produces quite a lot of oil as the day passes, it also closes up my pores after cleansing to prevent any further acne.
About The Blemish Stick:
- Convenient sponge tip applicator. No need to touch the skin with fingers
- Clear gel for invisible care
- Contains natural ingredients to help clear your skin
- Free from petrochemicals, synthetic parabens, propylene glycol, lauryl sulphates, synthetic fragrances, synthetic colours, synthetic preservatives and animal derived ingredients
I could honestly not find any faults with the blemish stick, the applicator is easy to use, the product is see through meaning I can put it on and leave it on all day or even sleep in it! Heck I did my groceries with this stuff on and it works fab! I just pop it on any spots that seem to be flaring up right at the beginning and any areas that are prone to flaring up as prevention once a day and I haven’t had a big hormonal breakout since! This product can dry your skin out as it does draw all the oils/bacteria out of the skin so ensure you exfoliate/moisturise where necessary.
I love both these products and each come with a large amount of product so I have no doubt I will be repurchasing but not for a while!
Have you tried these products? Leave your thoughts below! New blog post coming soon ~ C
Popular blog posts